Company Executives to Discuss Why Monitoring is an Analytics Problem at Upcoming GlueCon and O’Reilly Velocity Events
SignalFx, provider of the most advanced monitoring platform for modern applications, announced a series of upcoming industry presentations from CTO and co-founder, Phillip Liu; Software Engineer, Rajiv Kurian; and Director of Marketing, Aneel Lakhani at GlueCon and O’Reilly Velocity Santa Clara.
GlueCon is a two-day conference for developers focused on Cloud, DevOps, Mobile, APIs and Big Data.
- Mr. Liu will speak on the topic of “Microservices and Devs in Charge: Why Monitoring is an Analytics Problem.” The presentation will focus on how microservices and DevOps methodologies are driving the need for analytics against metrics and events data as the primary tool for monitoring, demonstrating what can be achieved when monitoring tools are fundamentally analytics oriented.
O’Reilly Velocity Santa Clara is a three-day conference for Web Operations, End-to-End Optimization, IT as a Business Driver and Ubiquitous Delivery for all, including Mobile Platforms, Deliberately Unstable Systems and Performance.
- Mr. Kurian will discuss “Scaling ingest pipelines with high performance computing principles” at O’Reilly Velocity Santa Clara. The presentation will be useful to anyone building services that consume large amounts of data, providing examples of computing principles that help scale ingest pipelines and the before/after results the company experienced. This presentation will also provide insight into a key challenge to building a monitoring system for modern, data-driven dev and product teams building distributed or microservices based SaaS, web, mobile, and gaming applications.
- Mr. Lakhani will speak on the topic of “Why all the things must be code.” The talk is an exposition and distillation of John Boyd’s original Observe-Orient-Decide-Act framework in the context of working with systems. The presentation will focus on the details of OODA that are generally glossed over in popular discussion and how they apply to the real world.
When and where:
GlueCon will take place from May 20 – 21, 2015 and will be held at the Omni Interlocken Resort, 500 Interlocken Blvd., Broomfield, CO 80021.
- Mr. Liu’s session is on Thursday, May 21, 2015 from 11:20-11:50 p.m.
O’Reilly Velocity Santa Clara will take place from May 27 to May 29, 2015 and will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
- Mr. Kurian’s session is on Friday, May 29, 2015 at 5:05 p.m. in Mission City M1-2.
- Mr. Lakhani’s session is on Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 5:05 p.m. in Ballroom CD.
Monitoring applications is inherently an analytics problem. As modern enterprises become more distributed and dynamic, development and operations teams need to be able to move monitoring away from component-level alerts in order to build, scale and run their applications. Agile development, microservices and DevOps methodologies are all part of the wave driving the need for monitoring tools that are fundamentally analytics oriented. SignalFx aims to demonstrate what can be achieved when analytics against metrics and events data are the primary tools for monitoring.
SignalFx provides the most advanced monitoring platform for modern applications. Built by inventors of cloud-scale monitoring technologies, the SignalFx SaaS-based solution delivers the only interactive, system-wide view of applications and infrastructure data at any scale. The distributed and dynamic nature of modern cloud applications has turned monitoring into an analytics problem. SignalFx SignalFlowTM streaming and historical analytics technology empowers development and operations teams to shift from component-level monitoring to detecting aggregate patterns and anomalies across their distributed applications in real-time. Organizations can submit any metric data at any scale into the SignalFx platform, allowing product teams to model and correlate key application and business metrics against underlying infrastructure behavior to answer critical questions about operations. Companies large and small, including Yelp, Tapjoy, Symphony Commerce and Chairish, rely on SignalFx to innovate faster and make their customers happy with well-built, reliably performing, rapidly improving applications.